Why print digitally?
Nearly every low and medium-volume printing job fits digital printing better than traditional printing methods. As for quality, the results achieved on the latest Xerox machines are just as good as those offered by offset technology. Digital printing very often exceeds the "old" technology in its cost effectiveness and efficiency. As digital printing eliminates the cost of film/plates, it pays to print even a single of a book, newspaper, brochure or poster.
Digital printing technology does not replace those previously used but opens new possibilities that until recently have not been available, cost effective or easy to handle.
Digital printing – advantages and special features
- Substantial cost reduction: test printing is not required. First out is already a production copy.
- As printing plates are no longer necessary, digital technology offers personalized printouts: each item may bear an individual serial number, barcode, address, etc.
- Job archiving and reuse is extremely quick and easy, any time.
- It offers printing on various base materialand in a wide range of densities.
- Printing capacity reaches 90 pages per minute. Considering the fact that printing plates are no longer required, the cost – especially with low and medium-volume jobs – is lower, and the time to market incredibly reduced.
- Immediate job processing. The pre-press phase takes just a short while and may be done while other jobs are being printed.
See also: Digital color printing, Black and white digital printing, How to prepare your materials for printing, How to send us you material.